Monday, February 05, 2007

Improving a local music scene

I've never been to Fresno. I've never been to most of the places that have articles about their music scenes. I have no idea which are good scenes and which aren't, other than what the writers say.

I like this guy's style. Seems like he has some good ideas for a place I've never been.

He suggests new events, opening up venues in an under-served part of town, restoring a popular venue now closed, and converting a venue into a 2000-person music hall.

2/2/07, FresnoBee.com: Mike Osegueda: Adding zip to Fresno's music scene: "Attention somebody! Anybody! Steal these ideas. Please.

Sometimes I just wish I had a few million bucks or a magic wand so I could make sweeping changes to Fresno's live music scene.

But that's not me. I just write these words on Fridays. There's gotta be somebody out there who has the money, time and passion to make change happen.

So, that person, if you're reading this, please steal these ideas:"

No comments: