Sunday, December 24, 2006

The history of Las Vegas as a rock town

I was doing some research on Peter Morton, the founder of Hard Rock. I went to school with him at the University of Denver. Though I didn't know him well, we were all the the business school together and I knew some of his fraternity brothers.

At any rate, I ran across these two 1997 articles about the Las Vegas rock scene. One talks about the challenges that venues faced in promoting local music and the other about the rise of Las Vegas as a stop on the national concert circuit. What the two articles together point out is that you can bring in lots of national acts and still have nothing to offer local bands.

Las Vegas SUN: To build a rock mecca, start from the ground up

Las Vegas SUN: Vegas rock finally on a roll?






No comments: